Tuesday, November 19, 2013

[Fixed]: 0xc000000e boot error

Post Your Ads on this blog's posts for FREE any place you want !!!

I solved the error problem by repairing MBR and BCD.
Yesterday, after I used Linux in my laptop, I rebooted laptop and tried to boot Windows 8 OS. But, it showed me an error message in a light blue screen : "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible." And later it said windows/system32/winload.exe is corrupt or missing and it suggested me to use windows install USB or DVD to repair the error. I instantly made Bootable Windows 8 USB in desktop PC and booted my laptop using it. I choose the Repair option available below the "Install" button. I then tried Automatic repair but it didn't work. Than, I tried Recovery option but it said "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.". Again, I tried to "Refresh Your PC" option; it said "The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."
Now, the last option was CMD as I don't want to loose my files.

SOLUTION:
Choose the command prompt option and follow the steps:
1. bootrec /fixmbr
2. bootrec /fixboot
3. bootrec /rebuildBcd
(choose [y] after it prompts you to choose an option. )
Now, reboot your PC. 
If it works then its perfectly fine otherwise you need to again use Install USB or DVD and choose "Refresh Your PC" option.

You may be interested to read about Saving files before installing new windows
                                                        Top 5 web browsers

Share, Comment, tweet, follow and like..............
Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. That's nice ,,, please click this link get a Awesome solution of your problem .
    BOOTMGR Missing in Windows 7
    Thank you
    Aalia lyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the solution in your link won't work in the case stated above. Note: Repair Windows as well as refresh your PC options doesn't work in the case above. However, above solution can be used even if repair and refresh your PC works.

      Delete
  2. Thank you ! Success to refind Windows7 after failing to install windows10.

    ReplyDelete